NANDINI HI TECH PRODUCT PLANT
1.0 Back ground:
The milk procurement by the co-operatives in Karnataka has steadily increased over the years due to the efforts and policies favouring milk production. Existing infrastructure of the milk co-operatives in the state was found to be insufficient for handling the excess milk.
In order to meet the increased processing requirement, Karnataka Milk Federation (KMF), in consultation with National Dairy Development (NDDB), conceived to setup a product dairy of 400 TLPD with 30 MTPD powder plant in the year 2005. It was decided to set up the plant at Channarayapatna, Hassan Dist (Karnataka), a strategic location to handle the surplus milk of Hassan, Mandya, Mysore and Tumkur milk unions.
The project was entrusted to NDDB on turnkey execution basis.
2. Salient features of the project:
- Effluent treatment plant using environmental friendly anaerobic technology.
- State of the art automation technology (DCS / Scada) for milk processing and powder manufacturing and energy efficient equipment and machineries adhering to HACCP standards along with advanced dairy transaction processing system(ERP).
- Fully automated refrigeration plant using environment friendly ammonia liquid over feed system with ICE silo.
- Milk storage facility : 600 KL
- Cream storage: 60 KL
- Butter storage: 580 MT
- Ghee storage: 150 MT
- The project has been setup in a 22 Acres of land, beside national high way NH-48 (Bangalore-Mangalore)
- Estimated cost of the project is Rs 6942.64 Lakh out of which 20% is borne by KMF and remaining is loan from NDDB.
3.0 Processing Capacity:
- Milk processing: 400 TLPD
- Milk powder Production: 30 MTPD
- Butter Production: 21 MTPD
- Ghee Production : 5 MTPD
4.0 New Project commissioned on 09.04.2011
- Installation of Nadini UHT Milk Processing and packing facility of 1,00,000 Ltrs/ Day Capacity.
- Includes facility for packing Nandini UHT milk in 500 ML, 200 ML Fino and 200 ML Brik packs.Fino and 100 ML Fino packs.(started from Jan’12)
- Includes facility for packing Nandini Flavoured Milk in 200 ML Packs.
- This Project is aimed to address ever growing Market demand of Nandini UHT Milk.